Removing Add Student Access from Teacher Role or Course Creator Role

by Ravi Rawat -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am a new Moodle user and my question might be silly. 

I have got multiple courses and each course is taught by different teacher.Teachers can create their courses but problem is while adding students they are able to see students of other teachers as well.

There are two ways to solve my problem:

1. Remove Add Student access of Teacher to a course. Let it be managed by Admin only

2. Teacher can only add his/her students not others.

Can you please let me know how I can achieve both? 

Thanks,

Ravi Rawat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ravi Rawat

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Ravi,

Am I correct to conclude you're looking for a role that allows teachers to edit their own content in their own courses (including add / edit / remove activities and resources), but they should not be able to enrol any students at all?

Or should they only be able to enrol students that belong to their own 'institution'? This last bit sounds a bit counterintuitive, to be honest. A teacher with enrolment permissions should be able to enrol any user in the Moodle instance. Otherwise, you're looking for multitenancy behaviours in a single-tenant installation.

If the last bit is the case, your question may have to be moved to General help instead.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Removing Add Student Access from Teacher Role or Course Creator Role

by Ravi Rawat -

Hi Joost,

Thanks for your response. 

Actually, I run an institute which is teacher aggregator.Suppose, I have two Students: Student1 & Student2.

Student1 is taught by Teacher1 &

Student2 is taught by Teacher2

I don't want Teacher1 to add Student2 to his courses. But the admin of portal can add them. 

Similarly, Teacher2 cannot add Student1.

But problem is all students are exposed to all teachers which I don't want.

In reply to Ravi Rawat

Re: Removing Add Student Access from Teacher Role or Course Creator Role

by Ravi Rawat -
Hi Joost,

Based on above reply of mine.. If this question needs to be be moved to General help, I am not sure how to do it.