H5P Video on course page

H5P Video on course page

by Stephan L -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

Currently I'm looking for way to automatically embed videos into the course page, so the course managers won't have to do it manually. Usually the workflow is to create a H5P content entry, copy the iframe HTML embed code, go back to the content description, enter the HTML editor mode and paste the snippet there and turn on the display of the description on the course page. 

So instead having this Before pasting HTML

to change it (automatically) to this

Video embedded

If this process is not done, the video entry doesn't even show up unless in editor mode, but this wouldn't be a problem when videos are getting directly embedded.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephan L

Re: H5P Video on course page

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Stephan,

You might use the plugin H5P Filter. It will embed based on name of activity. So you could put name in description and check show on course page without having to look up embed code.

If all you have is a video in the H5P file, there would be simpler ways to display it without H5P.

In reply to Daniel Thies

Re: H5P Video on course page

by Stephan L -
Thank you, Daniel! This plugin is exactly what I was looking for. Before trying out this plugin, I ended up tweaking the modedit.php for courses so it inserts the HTML embed code directly into the DB, which worked as well, but had some troubles with moodles caching.

Is there also a way to prefill the description with the filter tag? Or do I still have to rely on database manipulation once the form is submitted?