Import a backup file hangs

Re: Import a backup file hangs

by Joel Schaefer -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Ken,

Thanks again. Your insight has been incredibly helpful.

Agreed. I am going to give up on bringing in content from archive.moodle.net on account of file formats may not be compatible with my database structure. I was looking for a course that I could use for training managers on the ins and outs of Moodle. Instead I will point people to https://learn.moodle.org

Yes. Changes in php.ini are reflected in /admin/phpinfo.php page.

My Moodle instance currently is in development as proof of concept but expected to be put into a corporate production environment with intentions of providing internal training material to staff and management as well as meeting statutory requirements from the State of California (Hostile Workplace, Sexual Discrimination, etc.)

Ubuntu version is 18.04

I have not set up any chron jobs although it is possible the admin that spun up the server set up several during set up. I have been going through the Moodle Administration screens to configure scheduled tasks. I do have full CLI access to Ubuntu but it has been a decade or so since I have worked on Linux. Still I can find my way around to get things done.

I did turn on debugging mode through the Moodle Admin screens but did not see anything in any log files presented through Moodle reporting that might point to the culprit. Another user was able to SFTP a large file to the server but I don't think that's a good test since it is not going through the HTTPS interface.

I'm going to read up on the Nginx documentation and logs to see if I see anything standing out.

Cheers for now! Joel