Invalid Login Attempt

Invalid Login Attempt

by Visionaries ICT -
Number of replies: 2
👉👉Please help help .....Dears,on 3.8.2 some of our users get "invalid login attempt" error but some successfully login.All username and password was created manually.How can we fix that.👈👈Customers are complaining on this issue but I am not able to get solution yet.Thanks in advance for your help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Visionaries ICT

Re: Invalid Login Attempt

by Michael Hawkins -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers
Hi there,

The only other reference I could find to this type of issue was here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=398209. In that case, it sounds like users were able to login after a few attempts. I'm not sure if you are seeing the same result, but the suggestion in that case was that perhaps there's a third party plugin somehow interfering with the login process.

Failing that, how were the users given their password? For example, are they set using "Generate password and notify user" or manually generated and distributed? If manually, are they being set to "force password change", and if so, are they failing before or after the password is reset by the user?

If the passwords are completely manual and consistently failing for the same users, is it possible the passwords distributed could be incorrect? Perhaps that can be confirmed/ruled out by performing a password reset on one of the users to see if it resolves the issue. If it doesn't, then it could identify that the password itself isn't the cause and this needs further investigation.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Hawkins

Re: Invalid Login Attempt

by Visionaries ICT -

Thanks Michael,I appreciate for your quick response.

Yes ,password was manually generated and distributed through SMS. As you said password reset seems working . Third party plugin we installed is "User bulk enrolment v3.8-r2"  and as you said it is good idea to  try to know if there is related issue due to this plugin.If any one knows that plugin please give me a comment.