Question on plugin formulas

Question on plugin formulas

by Noel FEIX -
Number of replies: 3

Hello.
I used the formulas plugin with 3 parts in my quiz. I saw that I could only use the check button at the end of the quiz. Would it be possible to have a check button in the quiz at the end of each part?
Best regards
N. FEIX

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Noel FEIX

Re: Question on plugin formulas

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Noel,

I'm afraid not. This subject was the subject of a debate between Hon Wai Lau, the creator of the plugin, and Jean-Michel Vedrine who ensured its maintenance from the start and for ten years.

If I am not mistaken, and Tim could confirm it, adding a button to each sub-question would be incompatible with Tim Hunt's adaptive multipart behavior plugin, required for the functioning of the Formulas plugin.

Set the quiz behaviour to "Adaptive". Students will be able to check the sub-questions as they are entered, even one by one, by clicking on the "Check" button each time they enter an answer. Note also that the answers already entered, correct or incorrect, are not re-evaluated when the student clicks on the "check" button as long as they have not been modified (including deleted) since the last "check".

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I do confirm it. It is hard to say that anything is completely impossible in computer programming, because given enough time and effort, you can probably implement anything, but it would be very difficult to do given then way all the parts fit together, and the conclusion reached by both STACK and Formulas question type was that it was not necessary.
In reply to Noel FEIX

by Noel FEIX -

Hello and thank you very much for your answers.
If it is possible to have the feedback in adaptive mode as the answers come in, that's fine with me.
So far, I have done an exercise with 10 parts but I have only tested it with the visualization of the questions. I did not put the question in a quiz. I hadn't seen the possibility of doing it in adaptive mode and I haven't yet tested it as Dominique Bauer suggests.
However, some people are quite reluctant to generalize this plugin to all my university because they wonder if it will be compatible with future versions of moodle. Indeed, the risk is, in case of incompatibility, to lose all the work already done.

Best regards.

Noel