PDF document not showing in Moodle App

PDF document not showing in Moodle App

by Cobus van Loggerenberg -
Number of replies: 3

I have embedded some pdf's but they do not show or open in the Moodle app. On the browser version of my Site it opens normally and I can see the PDF.

This is my embed code <embed src="http://xxx.xxx.xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxx.pdf#TOOLBAR=1&amp;NAVPANES=0&amp;SCROLLBAR=1" type="application/pdf" width="1280" height="800">

What am I doing wrong or is it a Mobile problem. I have only tested it on an Android device.

Any help will be appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cobus van Loggerenberg

Re: PDF document not showing in Moodle App

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

unfortunately the app doesn't include a PDF reader like most browsers do, that's why it's unable to display embedded PDFs. The app needs to open the PDFs in an external app, like it's done if you add a new resource of type "File" to a course and put a PDF in there.

If you want the PDF to work in the app you will need to add it as a link (). Where are you adding that embed code?

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

by Cobus van Loggerenberg -
Hi Dani,

Thanks for the reply, I noticed that a link works but opens the pdf with the reader. I tried the embed in a "page" resource and it works brilliantly if I use Moodle on the web but alas not on the app as you confirmed
In reply to Cobus van Loggerenberg

by tehila openapp -
dani,

What do you do if checking assignment through the app? Students submit not as a link and the teacher can not view submissions through the app.

thanks
tehila