I have a local version of moodle installed on my Windows machine for course development and my own testing purposes. When I installed my localhost version it was 3.7+. I would like to upgrade my localhost version to match what I am using in my online version. My thought is that I need to:
- Make a backup copy of the localhost config.sys file
- Download the latest version by navigating to: Dashboard → Site administration → Notifications
- Click on the download link in: Moodle 3.8.3+ (Build: 20200607) Version 2019111803.1 Stable version Download More info...
- Rename my localhost Moodle directory to something like moodle.back
- Unpack the downloaded, latest version in the same directory then copy my backed-up config.sys to the new moodle directory.
Does this look like the reasonable way to upgrade my localhost moodle, or will I screw everything up?