Lesson Cluster vs. Branch

Lesson Cluster vs. Branch

by Rainer Schöttl -
Number of replies: 0

I am a bit confused about clusters and branches in lessons, even after studying the docs. Here is what I would like to do:

Allow students to explore a lesson following their interest, rather than a linear path, and still make sure they have seen every page of a lecture segment in the end.

So I start with a multiple choice question page and jump to a corresponding page with each answer. From there I would like to use jumps to "unseen questions in branch" or "unseen questions in cluster" in order to insure they get to the other pages in the cluster/branch as well before moving on. Try as I may, I cannot get this to work!

Attempt 1: Q1-Cluster-C1-C2-C3-End of Cluster-C4-C5... In Q1 the student chooses 1 of 3 options and jumps to C1,2 or 3 accordingly. In C1-3 the jump leads to cluster and from there to "unseen question in cluster". The end cluster page then jumps on to C4.

Attempt 2: Q1-C1-C2-C3-End of Branch-C4-C5... C1-3 here jump to "unseen question in branch" and End of branch to C4.

Neither works, one delivers me to the end of lecture upon my second click, the other jumps to C4 on my second click. I logged in as a course participant in order to check this. Another problem is that Moodle logs each trial and eventually my "student" has seen C1-C3 at the outset of starting the lecture. I tried to erase that by resetting the course (it is just a practice course to figure this out), but I cannot get this to work!

Does anybody know where my mistake is here?

Thanks,

Rainer

Average of ratings: -