Push notifications not working on Android

Push notifications not working on Android

by Goro Majima -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I have followed the instructions on here https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Moodle_app_notificationsto enable the push notifications on Moodle App. All the configurations in the mobile notification settings are correct. I also have the airnotifier access key (Picture below). However, the push notifications are not working at all. No notifications for private messages, forum posts, new courses nothin!!!!

The moodle site ist hosted on moodlecould.com and it is registered.

I doubled checked every single step in the troublshooting section here https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Moodle_app_notifications as well and everything seems to be configured correctly.

I'd appreciate any help

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Goro Majima

Re: Push notifications not working on Android

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

are you using the official Moodle app or is it a custom app?
In reply to Dani Palou

by Goro Majima -
I am using the standard moodle app from Google Play Store. The notifications are all enabled both on the website as sell as mobile devices. Strangely on the moodleapp website there are no registered devices connected to my moodle site. Here's a picture:

In reply to Goro Majima

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

in the app once you've logged in, please click the More tab (the last one) and go to "Preferences > Notifications". If Mobile notifications are enabled for your site you should see a "Mobile" option in the drop-down (it should be selected by default). Please select the Mobile option if needed and then click the top-right button and click the option "Configure devices". Can you see any device in that list?

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

by Goro Majima -

Hi Dani,

Yes I see the name of the Device (my phone) and it is enabled!

In reply to Goro Majima

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

could you send us a message to mobile@moodle.com referencing this post (link) and also indicating your site URL and your access key?

Regards, Juan
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Goro Majima -

Hi Juan,

I sent and email to the address you provided,

Thank you!

In reply to Goro Majima

by Jasen Hudson -

Hey just read blogs to get an idea of which push notification will work best for you...