Quiz - Split answers and grade

Quiz - Split answers and grade

by bala chandra -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,
We have a requirement in quiz, where we have to implement such functionality in which the response of the student must be analysed in steps and graded accordingly.
for e.g:
The diagram below shows a graph of resultant force, F against time, t for a bullet travelling inside the gun barrel after firing. 

From the graph, determine:

The impulsive force.

Answer Would be:

Step 1) Impulsive Force = ½ F x t

Step 2) = ½ x 38 x 24 x 60

Step 3) =2760 N

Provision must be that student must be able to enter the answer in steps. and evaluated accordingly.

Kindly suggest how this can be achieved Programmatically or through plugin.

--

thanks in advance,

Balachandra

Average of ratings: -
In reply to bala chandra

Re: Quiz - Split answers and grade

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Balachandra,

If I understand correctly, you want Step1 to be displayed first, then Step2 and finally Step3.

This can easily be done with small scripts where you initially hide the questions, for example with .style.display='none', and successively revealed them with .style.display='initial' placed in the feedbacks of the questions.

See moodleformulas.org for a simple example with the Formulas question type. The same technique can probably be used with other question types.

In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: Quiz - Split answers and grade

by bala chandra -
Hi Dominique,
Thank you for your reply.

Our requirement is a bit different from your suggestion.

This will be my question in which I will attach the diagram of a graph.
The diagram below shows a graph of resultant force, F against time, t for a bullet travelling inside the gun barrel after firing.
(Diagram)
From the graph, determine: The impulsive force.

student will answer:
Impulsive Force = ½ F x t = ½ x 38 x 24 x 60 =2760 N

In this answer submitted there are 3 major parts:
1. formula
2. calculation
3. answer

so, the system must be able to break the response and identify if each steps are proper. If yes respective marks must be rewarded.

Can this be achieved?
--
Thank you