Brackets containing number of courses displayed incorrectly in Arabic (Boost on MoodleCloud)

Brackets containing number of courses displayed incorrectly in Arabic (Boost on MoodleCloud)

by CLODE Consultants -
Number of replies: 1

Dear All,

Tracker ref: MDL-68908

I have an interesting problem regarding the way brackets are presented on the "Course categories" section of site home when displaying Arabic script courses.

The problem affects MoodleCloud and cannot be replicated on https://sandbox.moodledemo.net, where things work as expected.

Using Boost on MoodleCloud, I get, for example, the following result (also see attachment):

____

4) برمجيات الإحصاءات الرسمية)

Leadership (5)

____

I would expect:

____

(4) برمجيات الإحصاءات الرسمية

Leadership (5)

____

To reproduce this on MoodleCloud:

1. As admin, go to the site home, in the settings set "Front page items when logged in" to include "List of categories"

2. Go to the any category and in "Edit this category", rename the Miscellaneous category to کیمیا (or any Arabic script)

3. Go to the site home

4. See attachment

____

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Kind regards

Tim Clode

Attachment screenshot moodle arabic courses.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to CLODE Consultants

Re: Brackets containing number of courses displayed incorrectly in Arabic (Boost on MoodleCloud)

by CLODE Consultants -
Dear All,

Am still trying to find a solution to this problem. Is it just the case that I will have to wait for MoodleCloud to update from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3?

Thanks for any advice.

Tim Clode