E-proctoring while taking quiz

E-proctoring while taking quiz

by Adi Gupta -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Team,

Due to covid we need a functionality in our Moodle 3+ version where we can take picture of users who are taking the quiz in some random time so that we can identify that that the real user is taking quiz.

Please recommend any plugin or tool any idea on this .

Thanks in Advance.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Adi Gupta

Re: E-proctoring while taking quiz

by Cris Fuhrman -
We have a similar need, and my university is trying to use a web cam to verify. I think that it would be good to also verify IP addresses (e.g. the address of a user logged in to Zoom is the same as the one on Moodle). The overall problem is hard to solve but we know that there are online services that will take exams for students. Matching IP addresses and faces would be a pretty good deterrent if it's possible. I am pretty sure Zoom can provide the info to admins, and maybe Moodle, too?
In reply to Cris Fuhrman

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle logs include IP address.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It is common for a large number of computers to appear to come from a single ip address, so there are limitations to the value of ip. addresses.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)