SCORM and PDF exiting files not working after moved to New Server

Re: SCORM and PDF exiting files not working after moved to New Server

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you see *any* files (is it really just SCORM and PDF?). If you upload a new PDF does it work?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Narit B -
Hi Howard
Thank you for quick responded my question.
I didn't have other files to see in the course for recheck. also H5P plugin not working apart of SCORM and PDF.

Yes, if i created a new course and upload a new PDF or SCORM file it's working meaning i can view on web browser as normal.

Any advise and thank you in advanced
In reply to Narit B

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The first thing that occurs to me is did you actually copy the files over? If you did, is $CFG->dataroot in config.php pointing to the correct place?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Narit B -
Hi Howard,
yes our IT did by copy file from the old server and config the $CFG->dataroot also moodledata in config.php in the correct place already.

Do you have any suggestion to recheck about the permission setting of moodledata or dataroot?

Thank you in advance
In reply to Narit B

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Pardon instrusion ...

First, how did IT transfer moodledata?  Server to server or download then upload?
IF the latter, did IT use FTP?  FTP in binary mode?

Moodle version is 3.3.x.  Was there an update for your theme that you applied?
https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=theme_fordson
Moodle 3.3 Fordson v1.6.6 (2017121900) for Moodle 3.3
but there is a
Moodle 3.8 Fordson v3.8 release 1.3 (2020030200) for Moodle 3.8.

Which do you have?

Due to what could be a massive number of files, might be a good idea
to install moosh.   There are a couple of moosh commands that deal with
file system.
https://moosh-online.com/commands/

Listed below, moosh command and description:

chkdatadir

Check if every file and directory in Moodle data is writeable for the user that runs the command. You usually want to run the check as the same user that runs web server.

data-stats

Provides information on size of dataroot directory, dataroot/filedir subdirectory and total size of non-external files in Moodle. Outputs data in json format when run using --json option.

file-check

For each file entry in the database, check that the file exists in moodledata (in filedir). With --stop stop the search after number of missing files found.

file-datacheck

Go through all files in Moodle data and check them for corruption. The check is to compare file's SHA to their file names.

file-dbcheck

For each file in moodledata, check that there is an entry in the Moodle DB. This command will find any extra files in "filedir".

file-list
moosh file-list course=6 use a different number that matches courses where files
appear to be missing.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Narit B -
Hi Ken

Thank you for quick reply!

Our IT did it by Server to Server. After look trough your recommend we got that the files was corruption and we tried to re-do them again. Now look everything back to normal such as SCORM file or PDF file can open and access it.

However, we still got and facing the last issues is all the H5P contents not showing up in the exiting courses. we already checked and found all them (.h5p) still in the folder.

Could you please advise how should we recheck or fix this issues?

Thank you and appreciate in advance

In reply to Narit B

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

'found all them (.h5p) still in the folder'

Which/what folder?   moodledata/filedir/

Your old version of Moodle ran H5P as a plugin and if I re-call correctly one could have used a WordPress to author as well as share H5P content from the WordPress.

Unless your site was using file system repositories, all files uploaded to your moodle for any mod/activity etc. is/was stored somewhere in the sea of files in moodledata/filedir/ and by content hash names .... not humanly recognizable names with extensions.  (unless you were referring to the output of a moosh run).

What happens when you edit a H5P resource?

How did IT folks 'fix' the other issue?   I would assume IT transferred all of moodledata which should include .h5p files.

Sooooo ?????

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Narit B -
Hi Ken,
Thank you for quick reply!
I think yes, they found .h5p on moodledata/filedir/

Also yes all of h5p that had made are the part of activity under the topic in the course.

Example 
Course Name AAA
Topic 1
- SCORM fie >> working well
- PDF file >> working well
Topic 2
- H5P (Course Presenatation) >> Issue is didn't show
Topic 3
- H5P (Quiz: Question Set) >> Issue is didn't show

After moved to the new server by Server to Server (transfer all the moodle and moodledata folders) and the moodle version still use the same version as 3.3.4 but the PHP version we upgrade to 7.1 from 5.6. 

Now all the SCORM files and PDF files are already appear and woking well but only one thing we got the issues is all the H5P activities for the exiting course had created did not appear under the topic (show blank/nothing), as picture below

Thank you and appreciate in advance