Jmeter testing questions

Jmeter testing questions

by Eric D -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all

I'm trying to set up a Moodle platform that could potentially support 4000 users, using AWS.  I've never set up an instance of this size before so I've been reading a lot about how to try and get the hw requirements right, I realize it's not simply a question of X users requires XYZ hardware.  So I've been trying to do some load testing with Jmeter, testing what happens with a single server, vs an app server and db, and then with a caching server too.  However, the results I get out of Jmeter are really not that helpful. The majority of the stats are empty/0, the only thing that gets reported on is latency (which incidentally seems to be getting worse as I separate components, not better).  

The attached image is what I get out of JMeter.  Is that all I can expect?  I'm using the setup found on https://github.com/moodlehq/moodle-performance-comparison, running on a fresh DB each time.  I could not get the scripts to work using the before_run_setup scripts, but managed to get it working with just the test_runner.  Using Jmeter 5.3, latest Moodle, on Ubuntu 18.  I'm executing the Jmeter scripts from the application server.

Thanks for any suggestions

Attachment jmeterperf.png
Average of ratings: -