How to avoid that 2 different persons log-in with the same account/profile and answer together a quiz?

How to avoid that 2 different persons log-in with the same account/profile and answer together a quiz?

by Franco Bo -
Number of replies: 4

Scenario (yes, a cheating one):

Student A has to take a quiz. S/he logs in and starts to answer the Quiz.

Student A sends her/his username and password to a friend, Student B.
Student B logs in and works on the quiz at the same time of Student A.

So we have one quiz that at the same time is answered by several students (e.g. each one working on a section of the quiz) and the mark will be assigned to student A.

How can we prevent this problem?

Thanks!

p.s. I read several other posts but I could not find a solutions for this. I know there are a lot of other ways to cheat, but first we need to start somewhere and second this potentially seems to be a very easy one to organize for opportunistic people.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Franco Bo

Re: How to avoid that 2 different persons log-in with the same account/profile and answer together a quiz?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Have you considered the scenario where one user logs in, points a smartphone camera to the quiz while it is running Zoom or similar and the other person advises on how to answer the questions?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: How to avoid that 2 different persons log-in with the same account/profile and answer together a quiz?

by Franco Bo -
Hi, thanks for the answer!

Yes, I'm aware that there are several different options to cheat. However in my opinion the option you are mentioning requires more time to be coordinated and communicated among students, plus with open video to watch the students will be a bit more difficult to implement (I agree not impossible).

in any case somehow I believe that to provide your email and password to someone else that can do the test with you is much easier.

Do you know if there is any way to avoid it?
In reply to Franco Bo

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication" and specify a value for "Limit concurrent logins "
http://yourmoodle/admin/category.php?category=authsettings
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Franco Bo -
Thanks! I've found the option you pointed out! I'll try it next week! thanks a lot
Average of ratings: Useful (1)