Slow loading speeds on Moodle Cloud > 15 seconds

Slow loading speeds on Moodle Cloud > 15 seconds

by Create @Computhink -
Number of replies: 9

Hi, we have been experiencing uncommonly slow loading speeds today for our moodle cloud pages (https://computhink.moodle.school/). 2-Jun-2020, from 1030am SGT. 

The status page >> https://status.moodlecloud.com/ is showing all green.

Apologies for posting this here, but there does not seem to be any support team/ resources for MoodleCloud other than here

Thanks,

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Create @Computhink

Re: Slow loading speeds on Moodle Cloud > 15 seconds

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi David,

There is has been (and I see it's now starting again) a usage spike on the database server your site is on. We're looking into it.

Sorry about this, thanks for your patience,

Mat
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Create @Computhink -

Hello Mat,

Thanks for your response, the slowness went away yesterday at around 4pm SGT. But the slow loading is here again at 9.30am SGT. Each page load takes about 15 - 20 seconds. 

We're on a break at the moment, so very few students are using the system and we are preparing the course materials for next term, but the concern is that we cannot have this slowness once classes resume next week. Could you help advise?

Thanks,

David

by ictti ictti -
I encounter this problem also. It took a long time to access our moodle site or do some activity there(adding user,etc)  

I would like to use our site for our online course and exams. (mytesttraining.moodlecloud.com)  and buy a plan. 
But now I am experiencing slow loading and delay in services of my moodle. (during 9:00 - 10:00 MMT) 

I would like to know how the moodle cloud support when we have problems in services?
In reply to ictti ictti

by ictti ictti -

Now I have this problem. 

Attachment errm.PNG
In reply to ictti ictti

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Sorry about this, it follows on the performance issue we had at that time. This has been fixed and works fine.

Mathieu

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Create @Computhink -
Hi Mat,

Thanks, but I am still experiencing slowness today (8th June, 9.40am SGT). Pages take > 8 seconds to load.

Can you advise on where such support requests for Moodle Cloud can be raised?

This is very confusing (and frustrating). I am not able to raise a ticket for your team for issues.

I went to https://support.moodle.com/hc/en-us/requests >> and raised a ticket. Any ticket that I raised is immediately set to status "solved". Following this, I receive an email that says >> "Support requests can no longer be raised from here. Please go to moodle.com/support "

Ok, so I went to moodle.com/support, and it points me to a page with generic FAQs, and I do not see any link or button at all for raising support requests...

So, please advise the exact link for submitting support requests.
In reply to Create @Computhink

by Bordin Phayaphrom -
Not sure if they acknowledge this or not. Moodle Cloud does not provide support. But I still hope they will come across to read. Meanwhile, we must think about an alternative option for the future, if it corrupts we will still going on with our business.

by Bordin Phayaphrom -

Yes, it happening to my site as well ( we are based in Thailand). It happened nearly every day around 10 am and 2 pm. 

Also, kindly investigate recently after moodle cloud has been upgrading the version, for new user enrollment, there is an error message in the dashboard menu. This happened only to the new user.

Alex

In reply to Bordin Phayaphrom

by ictti ictti -
Yes. Our moodle site is slow during 10:00 AM and 1:00 pm in day time. We use "Australia region" for our moodle. Which region do you use?
I just want to know the other region's performance.

Thanks.

****We use moodlecloud for exam of our courses. Do you know whether we can add external proctoring service to our site on moodlecloud or not?