Paypal not working yet?

Paypal not working yet?

by Fernanda Poletto -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I have followed the steps in this guide and successfully set up a course and assigned paypal as the method of payment but when I test by clicking the course its directing to the login page not paying via paypal? Please can anyone help check my settings?

course listing

Paypal settings on course

subscription pluggins

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernanda Poletto

Re: Paypal not working yet?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What happens after you login?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Fernanda Poletto -
Hi Howard smile thanks for responding. Well I have not tried to log in because this would be a customer wanting to pay and get access, as per the guidelines? so how would they get access before paying?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You're mixing up authentication with enrolment.

They have to first create an account. This doesn't let them into anything. That's authentication.

They then have to use the PayPal plugin (and pay) to enrol on the course. That's enrolment.

So, yeh, you have to login.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Fernanda Poletto -

THanks Howards and Emma. Hmmmm i have a few questions then.

1. How can we have a page that lists the courses and a person pays and when they register all the details come across and they get access to the course? Which makes more sense from a users perspective? I guess its like having a public page that is selling my courses?
2. There is actually no option to create an account? Just access for a visitor or for me to log in with my admin account. If I access as a guest I certainly see the course, then click, which shows the pricing, then tells me to login, which then has no other option so its an eternal loop.
3. Just trying to above is like 4 steps without getting anywhere so I imagine its going to be super confusing for people I am trying to sell my courses to? Are there more 'website' like options to present the courses that people can simply purchase? back to point 1.

I feel like i'm either not setting this up correctly or its not meant to work as a place to sell courses to the public? Is this idea of moodle to get people to register on your moodle and then do something else other than purchase a course? Please, I would love some help defining a suitable workflow where I can promote a course on social media etc then the user can easily purchase a course. Registering on a site before they can see what they get and how much it costs, i can't see working for a commerical site?

THanks again in advance in helping me understand moodle.

ps here is what is on the login. Even if there was a way to register its not really an inviting process as mention above so surely there is something I am missing.

by Fernanda Poletto -
Further to this, note that i disabled at the recommendation of the support guides for adding paypal, the ability to self register which would allow spammers etc to get access and fillup registrations etc.

by Howard Miller -
You need to enable self-register.

For better or worse, that's the way it works. You pay to enrol not to register.

It would be perfectly possible to develop some sort of PayPal *authentication* plugin but such a thing does not currently exist.