How to customise

How to customise

by Rajesh Sen -
Number of replies: 5

I have two teachers. They will teach English and Mathematics. I need the front Home page will show Logo, a few site description, and two clickable icons  showing two subjects, English and Mathematics. Students interested in English will click the icon for English and will be directed to a page where there will be a login screen. The same should be for the Mathematics icon. After the login screen the students will see the category of courses with course search option etc. and can surf to different courses.  

I am complete newbie in Moodle. Requesting the experts to guide me with their advice on how to do this. Also suggest me a free fast theme.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajesh Sen

Re: How to customise

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you have a Moodle site running (yet)? What have you tried? You are really just described Moodle above... that stuff is really basic. If you set up a couple of courses that's more-or-less what you're going to get.

Try to stick with a core theme (e.g. Boost) if you can. However, there are loads of others. See https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=type:theme%20sort-by:sites . However, as with all optional plugins, take a few minutes to establish that it is actively used and supported before committing yourself.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Rajesh Sen -
Thanks for your reply. I have installed moodle. the first page shows courses. I need two icons with links and a footer to show. How to do that?
In reply to Rajesh Sen

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Your desired configuration appears similar to mine. I am running Moodle 3.8, Boost, with some CSS, perhaps not very fancy but functional for my needs.  Follow some of Howard's advice.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Rajesh Sen -
Thanks for your reply. I just checked your site. But I have two teachers teaching two different subjects. I need users to choose the subject first and then login. How to do that?
In reply to Rajesh Sen

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Rajesh -how about going through our Moodle Admin Basics MOOC to get started with the basics of setting up Moodle?
By default  users login and then choose their subject by enrolling themselves into the course they want. You can customise this experience but the default should work OK for you.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)