Collecting and search -module

Collecting and search -module

by lasse utti -
Number of replies: 3

I am not sure if in Moodle already exist system that makes possible to collect full information about my course ?

I mean ... I need information-dump from pupils works, resources, activity logs, forumdiscussion, chat-logs ... everything what happened in my course. And it would be nice if there were ability to write it out to word-document.

Can I find this somewhere in Moodle ?? If not , it would be place for new module smile

..lasse..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lasse utti

Re: Collecting and search -module

by Thomas Robb -
I've developed a module called "QuickReport" which supplements the information given by the "Grades" function. Together, this yields most of the information you probably need. Just search for "QuickReport" using the forum search function, read the information and then download v.1.2.

Note, however, that this is NOT integrated into the current Moodle distribution and probably will not be. At Martin's suggestion, I plan to integrate this into the Grades function at some point in the future, once I get everything I am currently working on off my plate.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Ger Tielemans -

Another suggestion is to find someone with knowledge of XML.

If You create a backup you get an XML-tree with all the information you wish  in it..(and more wink)

That person could simply create a transformation of that tree into a printable report (XSL?)

P.S.

Thomas, my schoolteachers love your quiz-report: They look at the line of the discrimination index and see in a glance in the fraction of each question if their m.c-questions where OK or not....

( I show your results page also to managers to impress them big grin )

In combination with the simple statistics from Martin it is a great toolset..

In my translation of the headers on the quiz-reports-page I changed the titles into:

• Difficult Question? (was: simple stats from Martin)
  • Good Question? (was: your title..)

(My teachers asked me to send you their compliments, so Thanks Thomas smile ) 

In reply to lasse utti

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just in case you didn't see it, on every user's profile page is a button called "Activity Report"  ... see the "Complete" report.