Centering Multiline text - CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

Re: Centering Multiline text - CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Rainer Schöttl -
Number of replies: 2
Hi, I just have installed Custom Certificates after trying another plugin and like this one a lot! However, I got stuck with the same issue: Yes, I can move the elements around, but this "reference point" has absolutely nothing to do with the alignment of the text within an element, but rather it determines where the X and Y values of the element will be referenced to. So, you can align an element to the middle of the page, but if it has more than one line of text in it, the lines will all start on the left margin. You have to use html in order to accomplish this, but it is quite easy:

Paste in this before the text (but only from bracket to bracket, the apostrophes are only there in order to prevent the command from being executed, which would make it invisible):
'<p align="center">'
then type in your text and finally end the paragraph with
'</p>'
Have fun with designing fancy certificates!

Rainer
In reply to Rainer Schöttl

Re: Centering Multiline text - CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Lynn MacDonald -
Hello Rainer,
I apologize for being a novice, but when you say to paste the code in, to what location are you referring? I tried to put it in a few different places with no luck. I am trying, as with OP, to center justify the text in the Course Name element.
Thanks,
Lynn