Centering Multiline text - CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

Centering Multiline text - CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Dave Emsley -
Number of replies: 8

Hi there,

Love this plugin but having a small issue.   Can I centre-align text in a multiline text box?  Some courses have a long name and need to go onto multiple lines.  These lines then all align left.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Emsley

Re: Centering Multiline text - CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Stuart Mealor -
I've been investigating a similar issue.
From any earlier discussion in this forum:
"From the drop-down menu on the Edit Element page, choose to use Center for the Reference point location. "
So I think that's the key, using the centre point smile
There was nothing in the documentation about this.
Considering how many certificates have a centred layout, at least for some elements, it might be good to add this to the docs.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The docs are editable smile

As i've said ealier but just to reiterate I no longer work at Moodle HQ and this is a project I work on in my spare time. Any help is much appreciated.
In reply to Mark Nelson

Problems designing CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Tanveer Singh -

Dear Mark Nelson,

Thanks for creating a wonderful product. Although untrained people like me still find hard to finalize the certificate and need your support on the same.

To start with, i had a designed certificate so i loaded as the background image. I changed X and Y values to suit the size of my certificate. Then i added other elements. Elements do come on certificate but haphazard and not moving to the desired location. It is not working. How can we also add digital signature to it. 

Kindly help. 

Regards,

Dr. Tanveer 

Attachment Custom Certificate designing problem.jpg
In reply to Tanveer Singh

Re: Problems designing CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Mark Whitington -
I can't quite see in your images if you have turned on the X and Y setting from the website Admin settings.

X and Y setting

We have been able using the X and Y coordinates to position each element as desired.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tanveer Singh

Re: Problems designing CustomCert - Moodle 3.8

by Esther I.K -
Have anyone found out how can we add digital signature? How we generate the .crt file?
In reply to Dave Emsley

by Rainer Schöttl -
Hi, I just have installed Custom Certificates after trying another plugin and like this one a lot! However, I got stuck with the same issue: Yes, I can move the elements around, but this "reference point" has absolutely nothing to do with the alignment of the text within an element, but rather it determines where the X and Y values of the element will be referenced to. So, you can align an element to the middle of the page, but if it has more than one line of text in it, the lines will all start on the left margin. You have to use html in order to accomplish this, but it is quite easy:

Paste in this before the text (but only from bracket to bracket, the apostrophes are only there in order to prevent the command from being executed, which would make it invisible):
'<p align="center">'
then type in your text and finally end the paragraph with
'</p>'
Have fun with designing fancy certificates!

Rainer
In reply to Rainer Schöttl

by Lynn MacDonald -
Hello Rainer,
I apologize for being a novice, but when you say to paste the code in, to what location are you referring? I tried to put it in a few different places with no luck. I am trying, as with OP, to center justify the text in the Course Name element.
Thanks,
Lynn