Moove Theme - limit course summary text

Moove Theme - limit course summary text

by Elvin Manuel Luces -
Number of replies: 5

Is there a way to limit course summary description while displayed on admin site homepage? My course summary are really long and I dont want it display in full view while browsing available course page (homepage). Maybe there's a way to add read more button or just limit the characters. Users can read the full description if they open/access the course page.
Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elvin Manuel Luces

Re: Moove Theme - limit course summary text

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi cs coo,
You can do that with multiple different widgets using the Generioc filter. https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_generico
and you will also need the toolbutton for atto https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_generico
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Elvin Manuel Luces -
Hi AL Rachels,
Thank you for your quick reply and I find it very helpful. In the meantime, I found a quick solution to use CSS instead. I will try your suggestion and compare which is better that suits my needs.

Limit course summary using CSS
In reply to Elvin Manuel Luces

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi cs coo,

There is another advantage to using Generico. There a dozens of widgets that come with it, plus many more from other Moodle users, that let you do a bunch of really nice things to your site besides hiding text until it is needed. My favorite is that you can personalize your site to every user. In other words you can have your site/course greet each user by name, and so much, much, much more.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Elvin Manuel Luces -
Thanks AL! I think there's a lot of things that I need to discover using Generico. I will keep your suggestion in my list.