Course Creator Role - no add a course button?

Course Creator Role - no add a course button?

by Scott Spence -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Moodle gurus,

I am using a new install of Moodle 3.8 and have set up a user with course creator permissions. 

When, as the admin user, I visit the page site.com/course/index.php I see 'Add a new course' button as detailed in the documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Course_creator_role (see attachment)

However when I visit this page as a course creator user I don't get to see these buttons. Does anyone else notice this? (see attachment)

Any ideas how I can get these buttons back so that those who are course creator can actually create courses in the category they are assigned to?

I have checked permissions Create courses moodle/course:create is correctly set. 

Cheers

Scott

Attachment Add a course buttons as Admin.png
Attachment course creator does not see buttons.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Spence

Re: Course Creator Role - no add a course button?

by Scott Spence -
Has anyone else noticed this - or have I got a setting wrong that needs correction? Assistance appreciated!
In reply to Scott Spence

Re: Course Creator Role - no add a course button?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
They need to click into the category where they are a Course creator -then they will see the button.