Zoom time

Zoom time

by gustavo hernandez -
Number of replies: 11

It s posible to register the time that one person it is in a zoom conference? I use the dedication block and dont register the zoom time.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gustavo hernandez

Re: Zoom time

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Out of curiosity, let's say a student begins a zoom session and then immediately walks aways for the rest of the day. How would you want this recorded? Do you think Zoom might have some AI and see the student leaving? If so, you might need to explore this with Zoom.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by gustavo hernandez -
I don't know how to do it, so I asked. I used a platform with gotomeeting that do that, I enter in a meeting and when I closed the meeting it register the time I was using gotomeeting, so that its what I want.

by Rick Jerz -
Okay, you have a reasonable response.

If you don't know, neither does Moodle.

If you want Moodle to know, create a resource and tell your students, when you are done, click on this resource link "I am done." In other works, you might have a URL resource stating "Open Zoom" and another URL resource "I am done." Moodle will record in its database that the student clicked on each of these. Then you can write a SQL query to calculate the difference between these two clicks. However, I am back to my original question, what happens if the student simply leaves and ever clicks on "I am done"?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Not in Moodle. It's possible it is recorded in Zoom somewhere but that's a question for Zoom

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If you have a pro license with zoom, there is a reports area where you can log in and see how much time a student was in the session. If they drop off and come back in, it will register as multiple entries and you'll need to combine them.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by gustavo hernandez -
Ok thanks, yes I have a pro account but I didn't see that option. Do you know if it's possible to see this reports on moodle? it would be great.

Edit: I found it, in the zoom meeting on moodle there is a buttom "Session" on it appears what I need.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Melanie Scott -
Very cool. I haven't installed the zoom plugin but that helps for future consideration.
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Rick Jerz -
Hi Melanie, do you know what Zoom defines as a "drop off?"
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Melanie Scott -
I don't know if that's what they call it, but if your connection drops you and you re-enter, you get a new record. If you manually leave the meeting and then re-enter, you get a new record. So, if you login and have AV problems and log out and this happens two or three or five times, you get three or four or six records in the log.  I got a message about unstable internet warning a week or so ago...I checked the logs and it registered consistent connection for that session, so I think it is either manual or involuntary drop.