Change status and add comment for all courses on userview

Change status and add comment for all courses on userview

by Thomas Hoyer -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

sorry for my english, I am german. I hope you can understand my request.

I search for a plugin to check our offline course attendance. This plugin works fine but it has one huge downside. Maybe it is possible to fix this or someone can give me a good workaround.

We can check the attendance live at the start of that course. But we have to document the status with things like present, absent with illness, absent with valid excuse, absent for other reasons. This will not be done from the teacher of the course. It is a procedure long after the course is finished from another person who can check for the letter of apologies.

So my idea was, that the class teacher opens the student detail view (screenshot below) and can change the status to the aforementioned and can add a comment if necessary. This is possible but the class teacher has to open each course for that and has to search for that specific student and must do it for every course on that specific day. It this student is absent for 3 or 4 days it takes ages to change that. The solution for this would be, to change the list entries for status to dropdown (or option button) and for comment to form fields. So it is really quick to change that in a batch.

Is this possible and is this a good idea? If so, can anyone add this idea to the plugin? My school want's to pay for adding that option if needed.

Kind regards, Thomas Hoyer

Student Detail View

Average of ratings: -