Does Scheduler work across more than 1 course?

Does Scheduler work across more than 1 course?

by David Bracey -
Number of replies: 2

We want to use the Scheduler plug-in to register students from more than 1 course at a time for the same webinar. For example, we want students from Course #1, #2, and #3 to be able to use the scheduler to register together in the same webinar. We want to allow a maximum of 20 reservations for the webinar, so we want the Scheduler to keep track of the total registrations from the multiple courses and stop accepting registrations when it reaches 20. For example, if 10 students from Course #1 and 8 students from Course #2 register, and 2 students from Course #3 register, then the Scheduler will stop accepting reservations. 

Is this possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Bracey

Re: Does Scheduler work across more than 1 course?

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi David,
I'd do the following:
  1. In one of the courses, I create a hidden section in one of the affected courses and add the scheduler with the availability "Available but not visible to students".
  2. Then, in all the courses that need a registration in this specific slot, I create a label with a link to the activity, so that all students are redirected to that scheduler.
Cheers!
In reply to David Bracey

Re: Does Scheduler work across more than 1 course?

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Just to add to what Beatriz already said - Scheduler is an activity module and as such can reside in one course only. You'd need a "metacourse" in which all relevant students are enrolled, and then create the Scheduler there.