Zoom Integration in Moodle - For More than one teacher

Re: Zoom Integration in Moodle - For More than one teacher

by Eno Otuokon -
Number of replies: 11
Hello Kako,
I was able to integrate my Zoom Business plan in Moodle, and my facilitators can hold Zoom classes for more than 45 mins, with 300 participants. Also, I am able to run classes concurrently with different facilitators. For you to have your teaches teach beyond 45 mins you would need a Pro, Business, or Education plan; and provide them each a license to be able to teach longer than 45 mins and hold class concurrently.

Thank you.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eno Otuokon

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers
Hi Eno,

Can you please help me out in setting it up. If you could share the steps of achieving it
In reply to S. kavita

by Eno Otuokon -

Hello Kavita,

I currently travelling but this is the link you can follow. I am using a business plan with 10 licenses, so I provid each teacher with a license.

Then I schedule all their class from within zoom for each teacher and paste the schedule and zoom meeting line in the corresponding courses.

https://zoomappdocs.zoom.us/lti-pro-v2/guides/moodle/lti-1.1

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Eno Otuokon

by Anthony M -
Hi all,

Thanks for all this information. I think I got some clarifications reading on different forums about the zoom plugin:

Pro licence would work (no need to buy the Bussiness licence), see the next video by Dr. Nellie:  , also see the bellow port in the plugin page (by the plugin developer):  
----
Jonathan Champ: Some elements of the API require a business or educational plan. However, the code does try to handle situations where some of those features are not available. I do not have an individual pro plan account to test with, but it seems like some other users have had success. If our plugin does not work for you, please let us know and we can try to fix the issue
----

but I would like to clarify if it´s possible to have serveral teachers creating meetings with just one zoom paid license?

According to some post that is not possible using the plugin but is possible using the LTI...

- PLUGIN: Not possible: according to the info provide by Eno Otuokon: "...I am using a business plan with 10 licenses, so I provid each teacher with a license."

- LTI: Possible 
-- https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=403823#p1644939 : All other teachers need to have Pro accounts with Zoom to connect through Moodle? 

No. Only you as an administrator you need to have an educational or pro-account. Then you have to set up the LTI plug-in on the Zoom website.

-- Also see the discussion here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=436299

I would be appreciated If anyone have the answers here

Thanks,

In reply to Anthony M

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I don't know what is going to happen in June 2023. Currently this szenario is possible.

An institution runs a couple of Moodle sites. The institution subscribes to the Zoom Pro plan https://zoom.us/pricing then installs the https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_zoom in each of the Moodle sites. Configures all identically as described in https://github.com/ncstate-delta/moodle-mod_zoom/wiki/Zoom-Meeting-Plugin-Configurations. Basically you get the Zoom API key and Zoom API secret from Zoom and paste them in to the Zoom plug-in settings.

Now all teachers in any of those Moodle sites are able to add a Zoom meeting to their courses like any other activity. Notice that they can have more than one meeting per course. The participants just have to click on them at the appointed hour.

No euphorie. The meetings always go through a Zoom server. Zoom recognizes the owner and the conditions, limitations and settings on his account apply.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anthony M

by Louisa van der Linden -
Hi Antonio, I answered this here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=403823#p1757928
Yes, it's possible with the plugin to have multiple teachers on a single paid Zoom license. You simply load them as users under user management in Zoom in your single host account. They only need to be a listed user to be 'recognised' via email address when creating/managing Zoom meetings from Moodle.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Louisa van der Linden

by Anthony M -
Hi Louisa&Visvanath, 

Thanks a lot for this clarifications, they were very helpful!

I just logged in Zoom with the licenced user and added a basic (not paid) account in yellow to the list of users...

After doing that when login in Moodle with a teacher with that email addresses then the teacher is able to create zoom meetings even if he has a basic (non-paid) account

The only question left now is: would the teacher with a basic account would have a 40 minutes limit in the meetings that he creates inside Moodle? 

Thanks again!
In reply to Anthony M

Notice that Louisa and I are talking of two different solutions.

You said:
> I just logged in Zoom with the licenced user and added a basic (not paid) account in yellow to the list of users...

means you are following Luisa's solution. My solution does not need that. In the szenario I have explained, this is not practical. Because you have to manually add 200 or so such potential teachers in the Zoom interface.

Since in my solution I don't have to add potential users in to Zoom, they can have any Zoom account, or even none. The meeting always belongs to the institution, and "the conditions, limitations and settings on his [institution's] account apply".
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Anthony M -
Thanks Visvanath for that clarification!

According to the link that you provided in your previous post: https://github.com/ncstate-delta/moodle-mod_zoom the difference within Louisa´s solution and yours is that in your solution the next 2 field in yellow would also need to be filled up (apart from making sure that you are using Server-to-Server OAuth and not just OAuth)...

At that point, I guess the only I need is to make sure that those to yellow fields above are filled in the plugin settings...

Could you please confirm if inserting the info needed in those two yellow fields will make it possible for any teacher (independently of his/her email address being added in zoom interface or not) to be able to create zoom meetings in Moodle?

Thanks,

In reply to Anthony M

I don't know the internals. This is a sample of what I have:

About the teachers, please read, "Now all teachers in any of those Moodle sites are able to add a Zoom meeting to their courses like any other activity."

It is so simple, why don't you just try?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Anthony M -
Thanks Visvanath, to connect zoom and Moodle I am using the zoom plugin (not the LTI) and OAuth app (in red) instead of the Server-to-Server OAuth (in green)...

With the above setup, I tested and teachers are unable to add a Zoom meeting in Moodle if their emails are not linked under the licenced user Zoom account (as mentioned in my previous post)...

When testing, if I login in Moodle with a teacher who's email is linked in zoom as in my screenshot above there is no problem to create zoom meetings, but if they user is not linked there them I get the below error…

Maybe your moodle sites are using teachers with emails in the same domain as your licenced user and that is the reason why it work for you withount having to link each user?

Thanks,