Filename not showing to students

Filename not showing to students

by R Ullrich -
Number of replies: 7
I just updated to 1.5.3 and the latest Assignment download and now when a student uploads a file it say that it was successful.  When they click continue it does not show the filename and appears as though the assignment has not been uploaded.  However, when I go as a teacher, to grade the assignements the file is there.   Thoughts?????
Average of ratings: -
In reply to R Ullrich

Re: Filename not showing to students

by Andy Hawkins -

You probably have done this, but in case not ...

• Check prevent late submission is set to no
  • Check allow resubmit is set to yes (second page)
  • Check due date of assignment is in future

If not this, then unsure where to go next - sorry.

Andy

In reply to Andy Hawkins

by R Ullrich -

Yea--double checked just in case.  No luck.  Students still can't see their uploaded filename after the file has been successfully uploaded.

Thanks for the effort though...  anyone else... please?????  dead

In reply to R Ullrich

by Darren Smith -
Sounds like it could be a file permission or ownership issue on the folder where the assignments are uploaded. I could be a mile out but that's what I would check next.

You said "and the latest Assignment download" - does that mean you downloaded a separate assignment plug-in or was it just the one that came with moodle?

Darren
In reply to R Ullrich

by Darren Smith -
Sounds like it could be a file permission or ownership issue on the folder where the assignments are uploaded. I could be a mile out but that's what I would check next.

You said "and the latest Assignment download" - does that mean you downloaded a separate assignment plug-in or was it just the one that came with moodle?

Darren
In reply to Darren Smith

by R Ullrich -

It worked prior to the up-grade to 1.5.3 and the permissions haven't been changed since.  However I checked and users/students have read and write access.

I downloaded the latest assignments module 9428.

In reply to R Ullrich

by R Ullrich -
Still nothing... anyone got any other ideas to try?