Error when filtering participants

Error when filtering participants

by Uğur ARAS -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

We are using Moodle 3.8.2. When we try to filter participants in a course, we don't see the filter options in drop-down list but get an error like in the picture below.

ölçütler means Criterias and değer means Value. So the error is something like;

{$a->criterias}:{$a->value}

Does anyone know something about it?

Participants filter error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uğur ARAS

Re: Error when filtering participants

by Uğur ARAS -

I noticed that when I change the preferred language as English it works fine.

Participants filter error (en)

In reply to Uğur ARAS

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It looks like someone has incorrectly translated the placeholders in the language pack.

The text {$a->criteria}: {$a->value} should stay identical to that in the English language version, with any other content of the language string being translated.

What language are you working with and has it been customised locally, or is it the official language pack that needs fixing?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Uğur ARAS -

Thank you for your reply. We solved the problem.

We use official Turkish language pack and we didn't customized locally.

I went to Site administration > Language > Language customization and choosed Turkish for editing. I looked in moodle.php and noticed that the string filteroption is {$a-> ölçütler}: {$a-> değer} although a placeholder should stay identical to that in the English language version. Then I changed back to the original version {$a->criteria}: {$a->value} customizing locally like the picture below. 

Now it works perfect. Thank you for your help again.

participant filter error (solved)