Teacher feedback doesn't save???

Teacher feedback doesn't save???

by Sunada _ -
Number of replies: 6

I'm really flummoxed. I can't seem to get the teacher's comments to save at all!! I entered comments and clicked the "Save Changes" button, but nothing ever gets saved. I've tried it multiple times. What's the problem here? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sunada _

Re: Teacher feedback doesn't save???

by Art Lader -
Hi, Sunada,

Has it worked for you for other assignments?

-- Art

Attachment feedback.gif
In reply to Art Lader

by Sunada _ -
No, it doesn't seem to ever work for any assignments or journals either. I tried both. 
In reply to Sunada _

by Jodi Stiles -

Which assignment type are you using?  Does it happen consistently only with the online assignments or with upload as well?  Which version of moodle are you running?

Jodi

In reply to Jodi Stiles

by Sunada _ -
Assignment type is online text, I'm using Moodle 1.5.

I just tried creating a file upload type of assignment, and interestingly, when I try logging in as a student, it won't allow me to upload a file. There's no button telling me that I can do anything at all.

In reply to Sunada _

by Bob Puffer -
In the early versions of Moodle 1.5 there was a problem with certain characters pasted into assignments and other places (mostly, apostraphes and quotes).  This problem prevented saving of feedback and even grades.  !.52+ corrected this problem for us.  Maybe this will assist you in your current problem.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sunada _ -
Hmmm... Well, I was just typing straight text characters (no punctuation other than periods), so this doesn't sound like the same problem. But it might be worth upgrading anyway???