Is it possible to integrate Moodle into a WebEX API?

Is it possible to integrate Moodle into a WebEX API?

by Eva W -
Number of replies: 11

Hi,

I am new to Moodle and I was wondering if it is possible to integrate Moodle into a WebEX API. 

We are currently using WebEx as our live training tool, but would like to integrate a cost effective LMS (Moodle would be perfect) into WebEx.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Eva

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eva W

Re: Is it possible to integrate Moodle into a WebEX API?

by Dan Stowell -
Probably... although I have not heard anyone talking about Webex around here before!

It depends what kind of integration you want. Do you want a Webex session to appear within a Moodle course? You could develop a new Moodle "resource" type, allowing people to slot Webex sessions in, in the same way they slot web pages or quizzes in.

I've no experience with Webex at all so I can't offer anything more detailed, I'm afraid...
In reply to Dan Stowell

by Eva W -

Thanks Dan for your response.  Actually, I thought about adding a new resource type as well for the WebEx session, however, this would mean that the user would have to login again to the WebEx session.  I know that WebEx has an API that would allow me to manage users and sessions.

Can Moodle call XML API functions?

Thanks for your help!

Eva

In reply to Eva W

by Dan Stowell -
I'm not sure. Moodle includes the "nusoap" library (see lib/nusoap/nusoap.php) which can make SOAP requests. Maybe that's relevant in your case, or maybe the API is not done in SOAP.
In reply to Eva W

by Harde Bits -

We are looking for people that can help us to integrate Moodle with WebEx. Our organization is using WebEx and we have WebEx documentation on this subject.

Estamos buscando gente que pueden ayudarnos a integrar Moodle con WebEx. Nuestra organización utiliza WebEx y disponemos de documentación.

In reply to Harde Bits

by Andrew Hughes -
Did you get this situation solved? Were you able to integrate these together? If so how did you go about doing it?
In reply to Eva W

by Ted Mcneal -
moodle - Webex integration exists, you probably want to talk to the guys here , they have an integration service for Webex and MS Live Meeting.
Ted.
In reply to Eva W

by Harman Singh -

Everyone, if you are looking for a virtual classroom (for synchronous learning) in Moodle, you can check out our product, WizIQ. It works with Moodle 1.9, 2.0 and 2.1. I can also get a live demo arranged for anyone interested. Thanks!

In reply to Eva W

by Carlos Kiyan Tsunami -
Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Carlos Kiyan Tsunami

by Fred Masuoka -

I have tried to use this with 2.2.2.  I install it with no issues, but when I try to restore any course I get the following errors

Attachment 2012-9-4_Webexplugin_error.png