Question Bank & Quiz query

Re: Question Bank & Quiz query

by David Morrow -
Number of replies: 0
Tim,

I know you are aware of this (you probably wrote it!) - There already is a reference to random questions in the second paragraph of the annotation for Quiz in the Activity Chooser. And again behind the “Help with quiz” question mark on the “Adding a new Quiz…” page.

Would it help to have that help text - or a shortened version (with hyperlinks to specific help) - always visible at the top of the Adding a quiz page? Sort of like "MoodleDocs for this page", but visible and readable at the top of the page. And maybe a "don't show this again" option? Could be a short "How do I...?" list, with a more... that points to the MoodleDocs

Or maybe something in the admin settings to allow some custom text at the top of each activity/resource type?

Sort of related - It may seem awkward or non-intuitive (especially to new users) that one must add a quiz and then add questions in separate procedure. I see the benefit (and probably necessity) of having the settings separate from the content, but it is not self-explanatory. Not within the interface of the quiz, anyway.

If the quiz editing process (mainly adding questions) can’t be done on the same page as the Quiz settings, making the save buttons a little more specific might help:

“Save and return to course (add questions later)”
“Save and display (add questions now)”

Or (since the button text is universal from the language pack, I think), add text before the buttons:

Add questions later: (save and return to course button)
Add questions now: (save and display button)

Just some thoughts - Thanks.