Upgraded to Moodle 3.7.2 from 3.2.2, but I was unassigned from my courses

Upgraded to Moodle 3.7.2 from 3.2.2, but I was unassigned from my courses

by Ricardo Rodriguez -
Number of replies: 7

Hi friends,

I made an upgrade from Moodle 3.2.2 to Moodle 3.7.2, using Softacoulos.

The upgrade was done, however when I try to find my assigned courses, in My courses, from 25 courses, it only appears, assigned to me, just 2.

The courses are in the system, I can access them, and if I examine them, in the list of participants, I appear, as Teacher or Manager of each course, however they are not appearing in the list of My Courses.

How can I fix this problem, so that I can have my assigned courses in the list of My Courses?

Thanks for your valued support,

Best regards,

Ricardo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ricardo Rodriguez

Re: Upgraded to Moodle 3.7.2 from 3.2.2, but I was unassigned from my courses

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you checked the filter on your course overview block?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ricardo Rodriguez -
Hi Howard,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Let me tell you that I am no familiar at all with Moodle platform. I was looking for the course overview block in the site administration.I

I reviewed the courses overview and everything seems to be all right

However, I think that I have explained you wrongly. My problem is that the courses that I manage or I am the teacher are not appearing in "My Courses", however they are in the platform. I can go inside each of them and I can see that I am the teacher or manager in each of them, but they are no appearing in "My Courses", for some reason that I don´t know. At the moment only it is appearing just 2 of about 20 courses where I am the teacher or manager.

I am attaching a pdf where you can see the situation.

Waiting for your kind reply,

Best regards,

Ricardo

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
On your Dashboard.... what's this setting...

by Ricardo Rodriguez -
Hi Howard,

Thanks for your kind reply.
I have attached with this a file with what I found when I press the dashboard and when I press site then plugin/block/course/overview

Hope you have understood me,

Regards,

Ricardo

by Howard Miller -
Yeh - your Course overview block looks wrong too.

The problem we are about to hit is that your Moodle is a big unknown. You didn't get it from moodle.org, you got it from Softaculous. We don't know anything about that. This is why we don't recommend it - it's great until an upgrade goes wrong.

by Ricardo Rodriguez -
Hi Howard,

Thanks for your reply.

So what do you recommend me to do..?

Best regards,

Ricardo

by Howard Miller -
Speak to the support wherever you got Moodle from. Probably your host.

Do you have a backup of the pre-upgrade version?