Quiz: Multiple choice questions where you can input two fields of answers at the same time.

Quiz: Multiple choice questions where you can input two fields of answers at the same time.

by Conrad Bucsis -
Number of replies: 2

Is there a way to set up multiple choice questions where there are two answers fields for the same  question?

eg. 

Q: Match the relationship word to each person and their description?

Person       Relationship     Description

1. Harry           ________              __________
  2. Judy              ________              __________
  3. Lyle              ________              __________
  4. Anne            ________              __________
  5. Kevin            ________              __________

Choices: 

cousin, aunt, grandmother, brother, father, heavyset, wearing glasses, tall, red shirt, beard

I would like to have all the people (1-5) on the same page and the students be able to match two separate choices from a drop down menu.

Is that possible? OR do I have to keep making a question for each category? (relationship/description) 

Thank you for your help. Stay safe and enjoy!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Conrad Bucsis

Re: Quiz: Multiple choice questions where you can input two fields of answers at the same time.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Conrad,

1.- You can do this with the standard Moodle "Drag & Drop into Text" question type, as illustrated below:

You can also achieve this with the GapFill question type. Not a standard Moodle question type, you'll have to install it from here: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?id=495

Full instructions are provided in the excellent documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Gapfill_question_type

Here is a quick example (with only 3 persons).

PS.- The example you provide does not make much sense, I suppose it's just a POC (proof of concept), not a real-life situation...

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Quiz: Multiple choice questions where you can input two fields of answers at the same time.

by Conrad Bucsis -
Dear Joseph, 

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
It is greatly appreciated. 
I'll give  both your suggestions a try and see which one better suits the situation.

Again, thank you. 

Have a great weekend, stay safe and Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Conrad