Language Pack Installation Error (moodle 3.8.2) Windows 2016 server

Language Pack Installation Error (moodle 3.8.2) Windows 2016 server

by Kwesi Ackon -
Number of replies: 4

Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked several times on this platform, but I'm yet to see a solution for this on a windows box.

I have moodle 3.8.2 installed on a  Windows server 2016. I get the below error when I try to install the following  languages, namely, Setswana, and isiZulu:

Your server does not seem to fully support the following languages:

• Setswana ‎(tn)‎

Instead, the global locale (English_Australia.1252) will be used to format certain strings such as dates or numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated. Much thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kwesi Ackon

Re: Language Pack Installation Error (moodle 3.8.2) Windows 2016 server

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

You can look for this in the Langage FAQ documentation and this discussion (and respective links)

But you'll have to find what/how to modify locales to support this langage.

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Kwesi Ackon -

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response. But I have unfortunately already taken a look at both links, and there is no real discussion about how to solve the issue on a Windows server, or more importantly, if it can solved at all.

In reply to Kwesi Ackon

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
From the current Moodle Docs:
" If you have a Windows or a Mac Moodle server that lacks the proper locales, we can not help you sad "

(Nobody can)

That seems to be the current state of things, and a very good reason to move away from Windows and learn to use Linux in order to install and maintain a very good Moodle server.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

by Kwesi Ackon -
Thank you very much, but now I need to figure out if my windows lacks the proper locales or there is a bug somewhere.