Upload feedback files for student who didn't submit assignment

Upload feedback files for student who didn't submit assignment

by r fisher -
Number of replies: 2

I had students work in pairs but only one student of pair had to submit the assignment. I'd like the non-submitting student to also get the feedback file, but the Assignment  module only lists the students who've submitted a file. Is there a way to get the full class list so i can upload feedback files for the other students?

In particular, it would be nice if the Assignment module listed all students, not just the ones who submitted a file.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to r fisher

Re: Upload feedback files for student who didn't submit assignment

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sounds like you need to create a course group for each pair and then set the assignment to submit in groups: https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Using_Assignment#You_want_students_to_submit_work_in_groups

I'm not sure what you mean by "nice if the Assignment module listed all students" - in my experience, that is what the assignment module does by default, unless you select the option to show only students who have submitted work.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Upload feedback files for student who didn't submit assignment

by r fisher -
I did create groups of pairs of students in a different class but decided that the creation of the n/2 groups was a big bother for one assignment, so I didn't do the same for this other class.