Recommendations for Introducing Moodle to an Institution

Re: Recommendations for Introducing Moodle to an Institution

by Richard Jones -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Anthony

Welcome back!  Love your points, here are what I might call some prerequisites.  Caveat: these are coloured by personal experience (which may not be relevant to your colleague).

Do you have full leadership buy-in on what you are aiming to do (most of the peers you have to influence won't care what you are trying to do unless you have this).

Do you have sufficient technical support and the backing of the IT Dept (this can be a major problem in some institutions where they wield disproportionate power).

And Strategies

Don't neglect the power of teachers teaching teachers (as opposed to external experts) - events like mini-conferences within an organisation can be very powerful motivators - your lecturers will value and trust their colleagues view/experience more).  This, I guess, is related to your points 2 and 3.

Have your audits and surveys in place so you can measure and report  on progress with data!

Tie in the use of the technology with a suitable pedagogic frame work (which hopefully already exists in the organisation).  Make the connections explicit.

I'll take a risk by pointing out that several years ago now I did contribute a book to this site: https://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=55&rid=6091.  It may or may not have some value to your colleague as it deals with schools and Moodle at version 2.5.

Cheers

Richard

Average of ratings: Very cool (2)