My Students Cannot Access their Assessments

My Students Cannot Access their Assessments

by Valerie Haas -
Number of replies: 6

I'm new to the Moodle Workshops...have done three in the last month.  One went fine, the second one.  The other two go fine until I close the workshop.  No one can see their assessments.  I can't see them.  The Assessment Form is now blank...I can't reopen a phase...still blank.  The submissions and "grades" are all still there, but the assessments--the WORK--is gone.

What am I doing wrong?  What did I do right that one time???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valerie Haas

Re: My Students Cannot Access their Assessments

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Valerie. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let's try to sort them out.

Do you have a screenshot available that would illustrate the problem? So that we have better understanding on what is missing there and where. Thanks in advance.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Valerie Haas -

I took screen shots of the failed one...and the successful one (I actually had two that worked and two that did not--I just don't know why).

And while it says on this, the failed one, that I didn't Edit the Assessment Form, I did...because my students all did the review with the Assessment Form, and I even trolled them while they were doing it, leaving my own comments here and there.  

The only thing that was still viewable was the Overall Assessment part of it.

Three SS are attached...the overview, the allocations with their grades to each other, and the page where the assessment should have been.

Thanks so much.

Valerie

Attachment Workshop Failed 1.png
Attachment Workshop Failed No Assessment Available.png
In reply to David Mudrák

by Valerie Haas -
Obviously, I only posted two...all that were allowed.
In reply to Valerie Haas

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The assessment forms in the Workshop have two parts. The first part is controlled by the selected grading strategy method and typically consists of multiple criteria of the assessment. The second part is so called "Overall feedback" field that is appended below the assessment criteria.

In these screenshots, you have not configured the assessment criteria. So the assessment form (its first part) is empty and the latter screenshot shows nothing in the "Assessment form" collapsible section. That is also why the workshop can't calculate any grades out from these assessments, it has no data to work with. The only thing it has is the "Overall feedback" conclusion.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Valerie Haas -

I get that it looks like that.  But if that were true, then why was it that my students all saw the Assessment Aspects and gave feedback that way, and I saw it as I trolled them, and then it was gone when I closed the Workshop?

Thanks for looking at it.  I just don't know what I did right three times that worked, and what I did wrong those two times.

Thanks again.

vch