Linking multiple moodle servers to one BBB server

Linking multiple moodle servers to one BBB server

by Elie Hanna -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have an environment where Moodle and BBB are installed on two different servers. We will link another Moodle server to the same BBB server. The concern is that both servers might create two meetings with the same id or internalmeetingid. Means the folder of the recording will be overridden by the second meeting created.

How the internalmeetingid is created by the plugin? Is there a chance that both Moodle servers created same meeting id?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elie Hanna

Re: Linking multiple moodle servers to one BBB server

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

There is a mechanism to avoid such problems.

One BigBlueButton server can be used by several frontends (Moodle, Wordpress, Greenlight). Each one only sees recordings from conferences done by his own frontend.

HTH,
Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Elie Hanna -
Hi Severin,

I already have both moodle servers up and running so i cannot use other frontends and i am trying to avoid creating another BBB server. If i can know how the plugin creates the meeting id for each BBB activity i will be able to find out if there might be any conflict between the frontends or not

Elie
In reply to Elie Hanna

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Even two (or more) Moodle instances can use the same BigBlueButton server, and each one creates and sees his own conferences.

Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Elie Hanna -
Hi,

yes but as you know when the session is recorded, a folder is created under var\bigbluebutton\published\presentation and named after the internal meeting id of a BBB activity like the one below. Is there a chance that both Moodle plugins create two meetings with the same internal meeting id so that the newest will overwrite the old one. Means the old one will be lost.

Internal meeting id sample: 7dd96b769366cc262c790d8bdd61e799c79e6846-1589277358859
In reply to Elie Hanna

by Séverin Terrier -
I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that each frontend includes some information that differentiate his content from other frontends, so that you should never encounter this type of problem.