Updated to 3.8, now getting invalidrecord popup

Updated to 3.8, now getting invalidrecord popup

by Matthew Dever -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone,

I upgraded to Moodle 3.8 from 3.5.2, everything seemed to go well.  Everything on the server environment is showing as 'ok' with no issues at all.  I only get the invalidrecord popup when logged in and viewing specific pages, like courses.  I have found other similar issues, but no solutions.  The debug is below - any help is greatly appreciated!

invalidrecord

File: \lib\dml\moodle_database.php

Line: 1562

Stack trace:

SELECT * FROM {external_functions} WHERE name = ?

[array (

0 => 'core_output_load_template_with_dependencies',

)]

Error code: invalidrecord

* line 1562 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown

* line 1538 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()

* line 73 of \lib\externallib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()

* line 185 of \lib\externallib.php: call to external_api::external_function_info()

* line 79 of \lib\ajax\service.php: call to external_api::call_external_funct

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Dever

Re: Updated to 3.8, now getting invalidrecord popup

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you have any optional plugins or themes? Are they all compatible versions for 3.8? If you have an optional theme, switch to Boost and see if the problem goes away.

If you have other plugins try disabling them. Consider if (for example) this only happens on course pages with a certain block displayed.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Updated to 3.8, now getting invalidrecord popup

by Matthew Dever -
Thanks Howard,

I have just found a solution to the problem - I reverted back to my backup of v3.6 and started the update again. I don't think I did anything differently, but this time everything works. I think the error was coming up each time the new 'tour' popup was trying to display, for example when entering a course, the tour of the new messaging feature pops up.

Let's call it solved smile