Get rid of the Cookies Policy and MoodleCloud Policy

Get rid of the Cookies Policy and MoodleCloud Policy

by Jorge Ortiz -
Number of replies: 4

Good Afternoon,

Is there a way to get rid of the Cookies Policy and the MoodleCloud Policy that the user has to read and check it during the registration process in MoodleCloud ?

Or at least is there a way to translate it to spanish?

I appreciate your support.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jorge Ortiz

Did you find a solution?

by Vanesa P. -

Hello Jorge Ortiz,

I would like to know if you find a solution to this issue. I'm creating a site in MoodleCloud as well and I find this part of the process of self-registration uncomfortable for the users. I 'm trying to look for some configuration that allows me to set directly the page when the user accepts the policies (the can click then if they really are going to read them).

Thank you

In reply to Jorge Ortiz

Re: Get rid of the Cookies Policy and MoodleCloud Policy

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Vanessa and Jorge,

Unfortunately, due to our understanding of the gdpr rules, we've been advised to require users to accept these policies. It is not possible to disable these at this time.

I think our privacy officer might be able to provide details (or be convinced to change the rules we implement?)...

Mathieu

In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Dr. Michael Commini -
Hi Mathieu,

I realize the original post was made earlier this year and your response was made in July but I do not see an answer to Jorge's question about a Spanish translation. As I am currently building a site for use in the Dominican Republic, is there a Spanish translation of the policies available?

Thank you,

Mike
In reply to Dr. Michael Commini

by Kelly Howell -
Dear Mike,

We've spoken with both our Legal and Privacy teams and they have advised the following:

Moodle are obligated to provide one valid Privacy statement that is mandatory for all users. There are no immediate plans to make this available in languages other than English.

The good news is you can configure your own:

"Site administration" > "Users" > "Privacy and policies" > "Manage policies".

or just paste in /admin/tool/policy/managedocs.php

Here you can add your own privacy policy!

I hope that this helps.

Thanks Kelly