Rate question problem

Rate question problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mike!

Using Moodle 3.8.2 and Questionnaire latest 3.7.4 (Build - 2020011300) 2019101705

As I was trying to help out a forum member on the francophone forum, I came across the following problem. It seems the questionnaire documentation is not up-to-date at:

https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Editing_Questionnaire_questions#Possible_answers_2

Ex. 3 Rate with named degrees & Ex. 3b Rate with named degrees

If for the given example "How would you rate the ease of use for each of the following items based on your experience with Moodle?" I type the example Possible answers in the possible answers field, I get this result:

Plus, I notice that a new field has appeared under "Possible answers", "Named degrees" The documentation does not say how to use. I have tried entering various values, but they get removed upon saving question.

I am willing to update the documentation but I need to understand how things work first.

Mike (or someone else), could you please post here an exported questionnaire with various examples of that Rate question so I can examine them?

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Rate question problem

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Possible answers and named degrees are now separate UI items (as of 3.7.0). This was done as part of the Mobile app work. The interface is now used as follows:
Named degrees interface

It would be awesome if you could update the docs.