Assignment PDF on iPad

Assignment PDF on iPad

by Ecole Mosaic -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone!

I've set up Unoconv and dependencies and document conversion works well when submitting assignments.

An issue I'm facing though is that when a student accesses and annotated PDF from a converted JPG, a lot of white space is added around the picture, and on top of that the PDF document is not scrollable on iPad.

• On iPad, which is the primary device used by our students, the generated PDF is not scrollable, there is no hand cursor to move it, and touch dragging is not working either.
  • If I access the PDF from a computer, the file is shown with blank space and seemingly cropped, when I click on "View annotated PDF", it's readable (on a computer).
Here's an example of a generated output.
  • The first file shows what occurs on downloaded PDF, the large white space is part of the document, and it is cropped!
  • The second part shows how it should look like, and how it looks like when accessing inline, albeit not scrollable on iPad.
Can anyone help out with this? Parameters and configuration seem fine, so I'm at a loss..

Thank you kindly,
Jeremy 

Cropped Filed

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ecole Mosaic

Assignment PDF on iPad

by Acqua Alta -
Hi,
1. To the best of my knowledge the "Annotate PDF" feature in Moodle was not developed with supporting tablets in mind, and therefore does not officially support them, and is not UX-wise intended for using via a touch screen.

2. Maybe you should open an issue about this in Moodle Tracker. However, since what we know from item no. 1 above. you should consider your issue an a (suggestion for an) improvement, rather than as a bug (report).