Coming Soon courses

Re: Coming Soon courses

by John Poodle -
Number of replies: 0
Ok I have come up with a solution that I am happy with and would like to share for anyone trying to achieve the same.

1) Enable guest access to the course (and on the site if it isn't already), bypassing any enrollment requirements
2) Go through each activity and set the restriction to: Not available unless: Your Email address contains @ (hidden otherwise) , this will prevent these activities from showing to a non logged in user including logged in guests
3) Create a new activity label stating that this course is only visible to logged in users etc and set the restriction to: Not available unless: Your Email address does not contain @ (hidden otherwise) , this will show this activity to non logged in users including logged in guests

This will make the course essentially completely public and show up in searches etc but this is the desired result. Once the course is ready the activities can be switched for the actual learning content and the restrictions updated as required. This will also allow only authenticated users to submit feedback. I hope this helps.