Is it possible to show course from sub categories on the Courses home page.

Re: Is it possible to show course from sub categories on the Courses home page.

by Chris Swinney -
Number of replies: 0
Hey both:

@grareth. its fixed of sorts. When users navigate to the `../course/` URL, external users will see a single "main" root category folder, and internal users see this plus and internal root folder. When users then navigate to the "main" root folder, they now see the courses I want them to see because I have moved them to this category. If I left the courses in the subcategories, all the users would see is a blank space when they opened the "main" folder, and would have to then further navigate the subcategories via a drop down, where they would finally see the courses. So, moving the courses into the main category folder, is kind of OK. Later, when I have more courses, I will have to move them back to better subdivide them. The intention is that in the future, I do actually want courses in the main folder, which will be linked to subcourse's in the subcategories, so you would sign up to one main course and automatically be signed up to the subcourses. Shuffling things between categories is relatively painless, so this is OK.

@john, yes this is how the "Front Page" is setup, but that was not really the issue. I was referring to the "../course/” home URL, not the Front Page (although I can see why you might have thought that). However, the settings on the front page are exactly what I wanted to see in the courses URL.