Error when Manager tries to view Categories/Courses

Error when Manager tries to view Categories/Courses

by Andy McDonald -
Number of replies: 3

Hi guys,

I've assigned a system-wide Manager role to a use, but when he tries to view courses/categories, he gets an error (see screenshot).  He is also unable to select from the Category drop-down when he tries to create a Course.  What am I missing here?

MoodleCloud, Classic theme

Screenshot showing error when user with Manager role tries to manage categories/courses

Regards

Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy McDonald

Re: Error when Manager tries to view Categories/Courses

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andy,

It sounds as though your manager doesn't have the capability to view course lists. Normally, the capability is allowed for the authenticated user role, however if this has been changed, you'll need to allow it for the manager role.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Error when Manager tries to view Categories/Courses

by Andy McDonald -
Hi Helen,

Thanks! Yes, that was it. The capability to view all courses was disabled for the authenticated user to prevent users seeing all the courses. I've now allowed it for the Manager role and its working.

Many thanks,
Andy
In reply to Andy McDonald

Re: Error when Manager tries to view Categories/Courses [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andy,

Good to hear that you've got things working. Thanks for posting your solution. smile