Add more fields to custom certificate

Add more fields to custom certificate

by Marco Sala -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,

First of all thanks for this fantastic plugin. I'd like to extend the feature adding more fields to custom certificate adding more users attributes. I need to add to my certificate several information taken from users page and also take the extra filelds detailed in that page.

I need this implementation and I'd like to know if is possibile to do it also paying for it.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Sala

Re: Add more fields to custom certificate

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Do you have an example of what field you are talking about?
In reply to Mark Nelson

Ri: Re: Add more fields to custom certificate

by Marco Sala -

Hello, thanks for the quick answer.

We have created some additional fields for every users that are related to:

Italian fiscal code;

Date of born;

city of born.

We want to make them visible to the custom certificate to display that user data on certificate.

Is it possibile also throught a commercial implementation?

Thanks in advance

In reply to Marco Sala

Re: Ri: Re: Add more fields to custom certificate

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are these just user profile fields? These can already be added to the certificate via the 'User field' element.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Nelson

Odp: Re: Ri: Re: Add more fields to custom certificate

by An Jo -

Could you please write how to do it step by step. I was looking for such a solution and I found answers like yours. Will you help?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marco Sala

Re: Ri: Re: Add more fields to custom certificate

by ntgr7 gerenuck -

Hi Marco

Were you successful in adding these fields? If not, I can show you how to add them for a small fee

- Natalie

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Jorge Valdivia -
Hi Mark, how are you?

Great plugin!! Thank you!

Is there a way to add a field into a template combining text and variables?
For instance: "The course started in {{start_date}} and finished in {{end_date}}"

Best regards,
Jorge
In reply to Jorge Valdivia

by Mark Nelson -
Yep. All elements are sub-plugins, so you can create your own - however, it will require a developer.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Mehmet K -

Is it easy for a developer how to add new elements (sub-plugins)? smile I couldn't find any documentation about this.

I am also looking for a way to add student-related fields (in the course context) to the certificate without creating custom user fields. Because custom user fields are used site-wide.

I've found a similar need and a way to (maybe) achieve this on github: Added element to show text assignment answers in certificate #320  I believe, I can create a hidden assignment and import fields for the students.

Another approach might be using the database activity. For example, can I create a database with usernames and other information related to the users. And then, use them in the custom certificates by creating new custom elements. 

I've also tried adding a grade in "scales" format. But the custom certificate does not list the scales as an option. (Note: Letter grades can be "hacked" to give gold, silver, etc. awards based on a score smile )

grades option image

I am trying to create a course to organize a competition. I want to add some information to the certificates that are not used in any other courses on our Moodle site. For example, I want to add the ranks of the students in some categories. One way of doing this is, adding a custom user field "Competition Rank" to the user profile and using it in the certificate. But this custom user field will be added to all the users. Are there any other ways to approach this problem?

Thanks!

In reply to Mehmet K

by Mark Nelson -
Unfortunately I have a huge backlog of requests and can not help with this right now. I suggest looking at the mod/customcert/element folder and see how the other elements are written. Good luck.