I have TWO "Course Administration" Blocks in the same course!

I have TWO "Course Administration" Blocks in the same course!

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Is it only in the course that you see 2 admin blocks? This may mean one block is from the system (the front page) and one was added directly into the course.

Turn on course editing - click "configure" on one of the two blocks. You will see if the block was added system wide or directly to the course. Keep the block that says "system" and delete the block that says "course"
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: I have TWO "Course Administration" Blocks in the same course!

by Ahmad Amer -
Thanks John

Yes one is system wide and the other is in the course. However, there is to 'delete' option for the administraction block!!
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Ok- that may mean it's locked - Go to the admin block and click on site administration - plugins - blocks - manage blocks

there will be a lock icon next to each block installed on your site. Ensure the lock is toggled to "unlocked" next to the administration block - then you will be able to delete it and you can relock it after that. 

In reply to John Provasnik

by Timothy Loblaw -

Recently inherited some admin privileges. Similar challenge: two Accessibility blocks in a course: one set up at the System level to be visible on every page; the other at a course level.

As admin, how do I delete the course-level default?