Installed Moodle not Appearing in Browser.

Installed Moodle not Appearing in Browser.

by Jack Urombo -
Number of replies: 6

I recently installed Moodle on myserver(localhost) using the CLI interface and it completed fine, with some mentioning of enabling php_extension.

When I try to access via the browser only a blank is showing. How do I fix this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Urombo

Re: Installed Moodle not Appearing in Browser.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Don't know. How did you install?

Since you mention "localhost," this suggests to me that you might want a "sandbox." I gave a presentation a last year's Globalmoot that might be helpful.

MoodleMoot2019 (Global and Mountain), "How to Install a “Sandbox” Moodle on Your Windows PC/Mac"
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Jack Urombo -
I want an installation to experiment with before deploying. Will try you sandbox idea, I think there are a few changes to your presentation if i am using Linux.
In reply to Jack Urombo

by James Steerpike -
Start with the basics.  Does a test page appear if you edit one into /var/www/html? Did you see your Apache test page?
Useful to know your operating system and what instructions you followed to install Moodle.
In reply to James Steerpike

by Jack Urombo -

A test page in the www directory is appearing in the browser. So Apache is working fine.

In reply to Jack Urombo

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Where is the test page (the path)? How did you call it in the browser (URL)?

Where is the Moodle code (path)? How are you trying to retrieve it (URL)? What is in moodle/config.php $CFG->wwwroot?

In reply to Jack Urombo

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Yes, Jack, I did not make a "Installing Moodle on a Linux Sandbox" video because many people seem to have PCs and Macs. Sorry that I forgot about (important) people like you.

You are on target, however. If you can get your sandbox moodle running, you will learn a lot prior to getting your production moodle running. Depending upon how closely your production moodle environment matches your sandbox environment, you might even be able to migrate your sandbox to your production moodle. Or at least some components, like courses or quiz question banks.