Grader stuck on "loading..." in Boost and Classic themes

Grader stuck on "loading..." in Boost and Classic themes

by Alex Petkov -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, everyone,

Today I upgraded our Moodle installation from 3.5.2 to 3.8.2. I had an issue with the login page but adding a hidden input did the trick and everything seemed to work until someone tried to grade an assignment. The grader page wouldn't load the submission and the page is stuck in perpetual "loading".

Clicking on the arrows next to "Change user" fixes the problem. Not just for the next user but clicking "next" and then "previous" also loads the submission for the current user. Also, changing the theme to "more" or "clean" opens the submission. Using the old "grade" interface (action=grade instead of action=grader) also works.

I've noticed that initially on page load the number of users are filled but then go back to zero, probably due to some JS executing.

Has anyone had this problem or do you have any idea how to fix this? I've tried purging the caches, restarting the redis server we use, Ctrl-F5 in the browser and so on. No errors show up in the console or on the network tab.

PS: The 3.5.2 Moodle installation was almost clean, we only have 2 plugins installed - PlagScan, which is disabled and a plugin to get a user's cohort. I seriously doubt they could be the problem.

Attachment grader.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Petkov

Re: Grader stuck on "loading..." in Boost and Classic themes

by Alex Petkov -
After some fiddling I found that the moodle/theme/boost directory I had after the update using Softaculous had more files and was a little different from the one in a clean 3.8.2+ install, so I replaced it with the one from the clean installation and after a few "undefined" messages and Ctrl-F5 the site started working. Make sure you actually remove the old moodle/theme/boost directory because if you just rename it the site breaks.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)